SOUTHBROOM ST JAMES
At Southbroom St James we are committed to ‘TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH CHRIST.’
By that we mean we are committed to nurturing relationships in order to cultivate (grow) an environment in which the lives of individuals (irrespective of age, gender, sexuality & tradition), families & communities are transformed by the love of Christ expressed in and lived out through the local church
We believe that ‘TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH CHRIST’ is a gospel imperative & connects to Christ command to… ‘Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations…’ (Matt 28: 19)
In order to fulfill our commitment to the above, we are committed to growing a culture (the way we do things round here) that is firmly rooted in our calling to be a disciple growing / disciple making community.
Therefore, we seek to intentionally grow as a worshipping community that is defined by a:
- Radical Dependence on God
- Radical Devotion to each other
- Radical Outreach to the world.
The word ‘Radical’ means to go back to our roots. In other words to live ‘radically’ is to return to our core purpose as a worshipping community & to live out our radical faith that results in TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH CHRIST, as we believe was intended by Christ.
Radical Dependence on God
- Standing on the Truth of God’s WORD
- Trusting in the power and presence of God’s SPIRIT
- Engaging in authentic, passionate and intimate WORSHIP
Radical Devotion to each other
- Gracious HOSPITLITY
- Overwhelming GENEROSITY
- Loving SERVICE
Radical Outreach to the world
- A desire for JUSTICE
- A heart of COMPASSION
- A gift of HOPE
These 9 core values define our culture as a church. They are our nonnegotiable’ and shape who we are, what we believe and how we live.
Everything we do as a church is measured against our:
- Radical Dependence on God – how are we growing in relationship with God, in Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit?
- Radical Devotion to each other – how are we growing in our relationship with each other?
- Radical Outreach to the world – how are we reaching out to the wider community – locally, nationally and globally?
The primary means in which this vision is fulfilled, is through developing a network of small groups, engaging with the life of the WHOLE CHURCH – from the youngest to the eldest. As we believe that TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH CHRIST is an invitation to the whole church irrespective of age, gender, sexuality & tradition.